08 May VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT RE – ADVERTISED
Position: Dairy Manager
Kasbondo AIM Dairy Cooperative Society Limited is a member owned institution established on 14/07/2014 under the Cooperatives Society Act Chapter 490 and Registration number 16861. It is located and operates within Rachuonyo East and South Sub Counties of Homa Bay County with an outlet at Oyugis town. The core business of the cooperative society is milk aggregation, value addition and sale of milk products to the local market and fodder production and breeds of improvement. The society also has an active investment arm owned by members through equity shareholding. The society is supported by KENTTEC, FIPS, USAID/ILRI, Heifer partnership International and County Government of Homa Bay.
Certificate or Diploma or a degree in Dairy Technology or Food Science from a recognized institution. In addition, having a training in animal production with a bias to dairy courses would be considered.
- Oversee receiving milk and grading (testing) of farmers milk
- Oversee milk processing, packaging and marketing. All this include raw milk and processed value added products
- Keeping records in the dairy, custodian of data namely; data on deliveries, sales and purchases
- Payment to farmers, this should be timely
- Maintenance of dairy hygiene, compliance in requirements for example, medical certificate for premises and personnel
- Guide on administrative matters ensure discipline among staff members
- Be answerable to Board of Management – this is on day to day running of the dairy
- Liaise with relevant government agencies, for example public health, dairy board, licensing department, NEMA and Cooperative offices.
- Training of farmers in basic milk handling
Application MUST include the following: – Cover Letter, detailed CV with two referees, and their contacts, copies of certificates /testimonials, National Identity Card and recommendation letter from area chief. Application should reach Kasbondo not later than Friday 17th July, 2020 using the address below.
Kasbondo Aima Dairy Coop Sociaty,
- O. Box 140 – 40222,
Nex to Gamba stage – off 1000 street,
Telephone: 0727 209 267 / 0726 935 274